Hair test for Crack
Although not so popular, the hair test tests any drug substances entering the body through the scalp (that is, through the scalps blood vessels). Many times hair filters may keep drug substances and hence make it easy for somebody’s hair to be used for a test. The test involves some strands of hair being taken from the area close to the crown. Mostly the minimum hair requirement needed for the test is 1.5 to 2 inches. If the head is shaved then chest or underarm hair can be used. One of the things that makes hair tests dangerous is that traces of drugs can take significantly longer in your hair than any other part of your body. While many drugs take a week or so in the body, it is not unlikely to test positive for a drug test months after the last time you took drugs.
2. Be familiar with the drugs being tested for
For many organizations, the drugs usually tested for are;
• THC; this includes all marijuana-related products. That is cannabinoids, hash, marijuana and cannabis.
• Phencyclidine; also known as PCP or angel dust
• Cocaine; also known as coke or crack
• Amphetamines; also known as meth, crank or speed.
• Opiates which include opium, codeine, heroin and morphine.
3. Be familiar with how long each drug stays in the body
The length at which a drug stays in the body varies. For marijuana, the drug may last up to two months if you’re a moderate to heavy user. It all depends on the body’s reaction with the drug. Other factors that contribute to how long a drug lasts in the body include; body metabolism, body weight, drug use frequency and potency of the drugs used. On average, majority of people take 30 to 50 days to be completely clean. In the occurrence that you smoked once with a friend at the end of the week and have a test the following week, the drug will be in your body for two days at most. Most of the other hard drugs can take up to months depending on the potency.